DHS - Director - Vickie Gray
(601) 794-1050

Mailing Address
Lamar County Dept. of Human Services

207 Main Street
Purvis, MS  39475

Lamar County Dept. of Health Services
P.O. Box 846
207B Main St.
Purvis, MS 39475

Related to Health/Human Svcs.

Health & Human Services PDF  | Print |

Effective February 1:

The Purvis Health Dept. will be closed on Wednesdays and Fridays

Lamar County Dept. of Human Services

Services available:

Family and Children Services:
Kim Rider, ASWS
Phone: 601 794-1080
FAX: 601 794-2960
National Child/Vulnerable Adult Abuse/Neglect Hotline:1-800-222-8000
Child Support Enforcement:
Janice Ramshur, Supervisor
Phone: 601 794 1054
Customer Service: 1-877-882-4916
Child Support Payments Info Line: 1-800-434-5437
Customer Service(Child Support Debit Master Card): 1-866-461-4095(a fee may be charged)
Economic Assistance:
Vickie Gray, Director
SNAP (food assistance)
TANF (temporary assistance for needy families)
Phone: 601 794-1050
Customer Service(EBT): 1-866-512-5087
Customer Service(TANF Debit Master Card): 1-866-461-4095(a fee may be charged)
Applications available at our office or on-line at: www.mdhs.state.ms.us

Phone: 601-794-1080 FAX: 601-794-2960

Food Benefits (stamps) TANF (temporary assistance for needy families) Food Benefit/TANF applications available at our office or on-line at www.mdhs.state.ms.us
Phone: 601-794-1050 FAX: 601-794-1066

Frequently Asked Question’s

Q. How do I report abuse or neglect of a child or vulnerable adult if the county office is closed?
A. Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial the 24-hour abuse hotline at 1-800-222-8000.

Q. Can an application for Food Benefits/TANF be mailed to me?
A. Yes. However, it will need to be returned prior to an appointment being given.

Q. Can I apply for medicaid at the Dept. Of Human Services?
A. An application for medicaid must be filed at your regional medicaid office. In our area, the office is located on Mayfair Blvd. in Hattiesburg.

Q. Is it necessary to have an open Food Benefit, TANF, or medicaid case to receive child support services?
A. No. If you are not receiving assistance, you may file an application for child support services for a minimal fee.

Q. If I apply for TANF, do I have to comply with the TANF Work Program (TWP) requirements?
A. Yes. If you do not meet an exemption, compliance with TWP is required.

Useful Phone Numbers: Food Benefit Balance 1-866-512-5087 Tanf or Child Support Blance 1-866-461-4095 (a fee may be charged).

Child Support Hotline 1-800-434-5437 Information regarding Foster Parent applications may be found at www.mdhs.state.ms.us/us

Last Updated on Thursday, 21 January 2016 10:48